Newpoint Community Events
- Fourth Fridays - See the Upcoming Events page for specific dates. On the fourth Friday of each month from September through May, neighbors gather at the home of volunteer hosts to "break bread" and share fellowship. Attendees are invited to bring an appetizer or dessert to share, as well as a beverage of choice.
- Fourth of July Parade and Pot Luck - A community gathering on the 4th to celebrate the birth of our country.
- Halloween at Newpoint - A fun time to welcome the little goblins of our Newpoint and wider community. Watch your email and the Upcoming Events page for a date and details.
- Newpoint Community Caroling - Carolers serenade through the luminaried streets of Newpoint as we usher in the holidays. Watch your email and the Upcoming Events page for a date and details.
- Newpoint Knitting Group - Knitters meet in group members' homes on Tuesdays from 2-4. Please contact Marilyn Landon (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining or learning more about this group.
- Newpoint Porch Sale - Generally held in the Spring. Watch for updates in your email and on the Upcoming Events page. A good opportunity to "clean out the clutter."
Beach and Coastal Nature
- Hunting Island is South Carolina's single most popular state park, attracting more than a million human visitors a year. The 5,000-acre secluded semitropical barrier island is just about a 20-minute drive from Newpoint.
- The Sands Beach: Located in the town of Port Royal on the Beaufort River, this accessible beach is a local favorite. Comb the beach for sharks teeth, stroll along the boardwalk, climb to the top of the observation tower, sunbathe, fish, go crabbing, swimming, or launch your boat from the boat ramp.
- Land's End Beach: This little swath of quiet, out of the way beach is located several miles down Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. on St. Helena Island adjacent to historic Fort Fremont. A great spot to swim, fish or gather in the Beaufort sun.
Festivals, Museums and Other Community Events
Resorts & Rentals
- Fripp Island Resort provides a resort environment just minutes from Newpoint
- Vacation Rentals on Harbor Island and Hunting Island are available through several agencies